Sam is sick. It has been rather awful. We went to NYC for my conference, even though she was having bad teething...and then she got a stomach bug or something and was vomitting a lot. We were worried it was shunt-related, and headed home from the conference early. She is doing ok, although is really touchy and needs lots of love and attention. Going to sleep is hard for her, and needs cuddles to help her sleep. She is eating now, though, which is good, and seems to be getting better.
I hope she gets back to her old self soon, so that she can resume her walking!
She is such a sweet girl, though. I wish she had more words to communicate, but she understands so much. It is nice to get to ask her things like, "do you want a bath or do you want to go to sleep" Well, we have to ask them as two yes/no questions, but at least she knows what we mean.
Today she went to see the Pop Rockets in Leverett. We were only there for a few songs, but it was perfect. She was happy while we were there, but then was ready to go home. She is smiling and laughing agiain, which is nice.
Being a mom is nothing like I expected. I feel like every time I make her smile or laugh, especially when she is sick, that I am a successful human being. I've been struggling a little lately with the delay stuff, but really it is all going to be ok. It can be hard to see the other kids her age doing so much more, but then I look at that smile, and melt. What more can a mom want than a child that is happy?
So, not much new to report. Life marches on. I just hope I remember to cherish all these days with her, because she is getting so big so fast, and will be grown before I know it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment