Saturday, April 5, 2008

Proud Mama

So, I am a proud mom. I hate to go on and on about how amazing Sam is, but, well, I am not sure what else to do! ;)

She is an amazing little girl.

Her regular PT (not the one she does gait training with) finally got to see her in her walker, walking. She said that Sam is doing the best she has ever had any of her kids do in the beginning. She thought although her legs were turned in some, her gait was surprisingly good. We do need to work on her posture some, but she is really getting there. I am so amazed by her.

Yesterday was a banner PT day for Sam. She did great walking, and then some great sitting up on her own. She sat the longest ever unassisted. She would also start to fall over and catch herself and push herself back up. A lot. She was amazing (I say that a lot about her!) Then she got on her hands and feet, and although I was providing a bit of trunk support she started to try to crawl! She moved her feet and hands appropriately. She wants it so bad!

She is talking a lot, too. Not a lot of consistent words yet, but she is making lots more sounds, and said "ooo" when she saw a cow on her DVD (meaning MOO of course!).

She is feeling better. Mom was sick for a while, too, and now I am getting better. Dad might be coming down with it, but I hope not. But at least she is doing much better and is much happier these days. It is good to hear that laugh again. She is so sweet.

OK, well, not much else to say right now.

Lisa

No comments: