So Sam really wants to talk. On Friday last week her developmental specialist came to work with her, and I was just finishing giving her breakfast, took her out of her high chair and sat her on my lap. I was then telling Martha (the specialist) about all the great things Sam has been doing. While I was talking Sam started to talk too. I confess I wasn't paying too much attention, but then Martha exclaimed, "What did she just say?" I felt bad that I didn't know. But then Martha said "She just said mommy." Wow! I have been waiting forever for that and I missed it! Oh well, hopefully it will happen again! It is just great that she made the "m" sound!
So then on Saturday mom and Dad wanted to show her Sesame Street. So we were watching an episode, and one of the characters (Telly, for those in the know) was reading a book about how to be a mouse (for the part he would play in "Hickory dickory dock") and he said, "A mouse says Eek. Eek." And Sam said "Eek" and started to laugh. We were amazed.
So on Sunday we let her watch her Noodlebug video (no, we don't just stick her in front of the TV all the time!) and she was watching the Backyard Bugs one, and Fraser heard her say "bee" for bee, she tried to say "quatro" when they were counting the bees in Spanish, and she also said "ail" for snail, and "worm"! So this girl is just ready to go! I hope it starts to take off even more!
In non-speech news, her McKie splint came yesterday. We put it on her (she smiled at it!) and her hand instantly opened up. She started doing more with her right hand immediately. We were amazed. We left it on for 30 minutes (it was getting to be bed time) and even after we took it off, her hand remained so much more open. It seems to have really brought a lot of awareness to that hand. It is fascinating.
So we will see what teh swing does...when it gets here!
Today is playgroup, but she has been really sleepy and not herself still, so we wil see if they make it there. Unfortunately mom has to go to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment