Friday, November 14, 2008

PT camp!

Well, we are trying to send Sam to PT camp next summer. I have filled out the application and we will see. It is spendy, but it would be worth it if we qualify. There is a hospital that runs an intensive PT for kids with CP and the results for lots of kids is tremendous. THere is a board on Yahoo for parents who send their kids, and to read their experiences is amazing. There are kids who sound lots worse off than Sam who really make great strides...and even eventually walk independently. I think she can do it. I hope we can start going this year. It might take time, but she will get there, I just know it. It is exciting to think about.

her speech therapist came today, and was impressed with her improvements. :)
We are working hard to get some kind of augmentative communication device for her to take to school. It doesn't mean we won't work on talking, but we want her to be able to make her wants and needs known in school. So we will see how that goes.

I still can't believe in Feb. she will be in school. Wild.

She is still doing great. I am so impressed with her.

That is all for now!
Best,
Lisa

1 comment:

Karla and Ben said...

The camp sounds like a great opportunity for Sam! Great news about the speech therapy too.